The first batch of the Black Stars squad have arrived at the team’s base in Abu Dhabi as they begin the final phase of preparations for the 2019 African Cup of Nations tournament which will be held in Egypt from June 21-July 19.
A contingent led by the Acting GFA General Secretary Mr. Alex Asante which included some players and members of the Technical team arrived in Abu Dhabi on Sunday morning.
The rest of the squad are expected to arrive in the team’s camp on Monday morning as Coach Kwesi Appiah and his side prepare for the Africa continent’s flagship football competition.The team will be in UAE for three weeks before departing to Egypt for the tournament.
.The senior national team will play two friendly matches in Dubai between June 10-15 with South Africa as one of Ghana’s opponents in the Pre-tournament friendly matches.Team Ghana is expected to arrive in Egypt for the tournament on June 20, five days before their opening Group F match against the Squirrels of Benin at the Ismailia Stadium.
The Black Stars will play reigning African Champions Cameroon in their second group match in Ismailia before they face Guinea Bissau in the final group match at the Suez Stadium.Ghana is poised to end its 37 year African trophy drought and win its 5th continental title at this year’s edition of the competition.
Thanks for reading, share this post and leave your comment below.
Subscribe to this blog for our daily updates
- Get the Best GH music countdown here – RaB Entertainment
- Wutah kobby have been scammed through his MTN MoMo account- Huge money Lost.
- Hint,.: NIB Bank Yet to collapse due to mismanagement of funds
- Ghana will be the second Africa country to manufacture made in Africa smartphones in my Next Administration- Prez John Mahama
- Cape coast oguaa team donates huge sum of money to the Veteran actor kohwe.