Ashanti Regional Minister Simon Osei-Mensah has insisted that the state should stop taking care of ex-President John Dramani Mahama.
He argued that since Mr. Mahama is aspiring to become a president again, it is not proper for the state to foot his bills anymore. The minister has therefore called for an open debate to determine if Mr. Mahama should be taken care of by the state or not. According to Mr. Osei-Mensah, he is convinced that the state should not take care of someone who is aspiring to become a president.
“Mr. Mahama is now a presidential aspirant of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) and that is the gospel truth. With his presidential ambition, I am convinced that the state should stop taking care of him as a former president,” he stressed. The minister added: “If the state will continue to take care of him, then all other presidential aspirants should also be taken care of by the state”.
He was addressing hundreds of NPP members during the Ashanti Regional NPP Youth conference and inauguration of youth working committees. Held in Kumasi last Saturday, it was graced by Samira Bawumia, the Second Lady, and Henry Nana Boakye, NPP National Youth Organizer.
Mr. Osei-Mensah, who was brimming with rage, said “Mr. Mahama has nothing to offer the country after failing to deliver as president”. “Mahama only wants to come back as president so that he can steal from the coffers of the state again”, he pointed out. He, therefore, charged the NPP youth to campaign vigorously so that ‘victory 2020’ for the NPP would be a done deal.
Subscribe to this blog for our daily updates.
- Get the Best GH music countdown here – RaB Entertainment
- Wutah kobby have been scammed through his MTN MoMo account- Huge money Lost.
- Hint,.: NIB Bank Yet to collapse due to mismanagement of funds
- Ghana will be the second Africa country to manufacture made in Africa smartphones in my Next Administration- Prez John Mahama
- Cape coast oguaa team donates huge sum of money to the Veteran actor kohwe.